Tale Of Ardith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Drifters

2 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Drifters - Page 3 Empty Re: The Drifters

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:52 am

Sighing West turned to observe the selection of colors. Within a fairly short time his car was fitted with new license plates and a fresh coat of black paint, and before long he was heading out to the site of the race with Reid. This was one of the preliminaries but a very important match for him and he was excited.

Lurking in the crowd Serith quietly observed the cars and drivers. He had heard rumors of the race and was determined to get detailed descriptions of the racers so they could be turned in and, hopefully, he could finally work for a better department.
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

https://theardithian.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:58 am

As Reid made his way back to his car after registration he was surprised to find his girlfriend leaning up against his car. He hadn't seen her in over a week and hadn't told her of this race, it was a pleasant surprise but Reid was still wary. With the way she has been acting recently he suspected something but still went in to give her a kiss.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:20 am

Once he was registered West stepped back over to his car and, seeing Reid's new situation, he smiled slightly and chose to give him space. He hoped that meant that things were working out a little better for his friend. Sinking into the driver's seat he pulled out his phone and quietly checked for texts from Seria. He wasn't surprised when he found nothing, after all she was still on her twelve hour shift at the hospital, but he couldn't help but be a little disappointed.
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:28 am

After a few minutes Reid stepped over to check on West while Rachel wandered off to flirt with someone else. Spotting a young man with blonde hair she carefully fluffed her hair and approached him. She did her best to add an extra swing in her hips and do anything possible to make herself as attractive as possible.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:35 am

Seeing Reid approach West tucked his phone back into his pocket while he offered his friend a cheeky smile. "So, ready to be beaten again?"

Having been observing the racers and taking notes on a small notepad of their appearance and license plate numbers Serith hadn't even noticed her approach. He was wearing a leather jacket and dark jeans along with matrix-style sunglasses. His hair was lightly spiked in a punky-fashion that he had hoped would help him blend in for his self-assigned undercover mission and he looked to be around twenty eight.
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:44 am

"In your dreams, in fact I don't even think you could keep up there." Reid said with a smile though there was clearly something bothering him.

"If you're trying to decide who will win so you can win your bet I suggest you put your money on the green car, the driver is the most experienced and puts the most time into modifications. Plus she's a girl and it would be the best return on your money," Rachel suggested as she stepped up the Serith and looked him over. She wore very little to this summer night race, short shorts and a vest over a bikini top - a clear grab for attention.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:48 am

"I'm sure I could," West shrugged lightly as he eyed his friend thoughtfully. "I saw you talking to Rachel. Is everything alright?"

Serith jumped slightly at her sudden presence but quickly recovered in favor of looking over at her and offering her a friendly smile. "Thank you for the suggestion miss. Do you know her personally?" He had to wonder. He was clearly oblivious to her lack of dress, far too focused on his mission to really give it much thought.
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:58 am

"Oh yeah, she just stopped by to say hello." Reid muttered quickly just trying to shrug it off.

"I've met her once or twice and I'll tell you she kicks ass, I don't know what she does in the real world but I bet she can be intense to work with." Rachel admitted, "you know she's not the only one that can bring it around here."
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:02 am

"Dude, I know that look," West frowned as he set a hand on Reid's shoulder. "Speak. What's going on?"

"Really?" Serith looked at her curiously as she spoke. "What else do you know?" He hadn't thought this girl would be terribly useful but maybe she knew more than she let on.
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:10 am

"I don't know, there is just something off about her. It's been going on for awhile now, I wonder if she's getting bored with me." Reid admitted as he looked back over at Rachel and saw her talking to another guy.

"Well hun if you stick with me I'll show you the ropes," Rachel offered just as a young lady with blonde hair bumped harshly into Serith before trying to step away with a quick apology.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:14 am

"How could she be bored of you? You've got to be one of the most interesting and awesome people I know," West pointed out as he followed Reid's gaze. "And anyway, she's a fool if she thinks there's anyone better out there. Hell, not to be gay but if you were a chick I'd date you." He paused and blinked, rapidly pulling his hand back as he continued. "That was so gay."

Serith tensed and immediately looked over at the impact. Seeing the girl he couldn't help but pause for a moment. She was actually kind of pretty. "Hey, it's okay," he assured her with a little smile, having forgotten about Rachel's comment in the moment. "Are you okay?"
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:23 am

"That was pretty damn gay," Reid chuckled. "Should I be worried about you and why you really spent so much time at my place?"

"I'm fine, sorry I wasn't watching where I was going." The girl said as she used his arm to steady herself before stepping away, during the contact she had carefully swiped his notepad.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:27 am

"No, no," West insisted with a disgusted grimace. "I'm married dude, and I swear I don't swing that way. I like you as a brother, not... well, like that."

Serith watched her thoughtfully for a moment before he shrugged and turned back to Rachel. "You were saying something earlier?" He wondered as he moved to flip to the next page on his notepad only to pause as he realized it was missing. Crap.
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:38 am

Reid only laughed louder and patted West on the back, "I know, just screwing with ya. That being said it looks like things are starting, any idea who you're up ahainst?"

"That was her, the driver is was telling you about. You might want to place your bet now before the races start," Rachel suggested.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:41 am

"I believe I'm up against that snow chick again and the arrogant Italian guy, but I'm not sure of the others," West admitted with a sheepish shrug. "I think they might be newbies. I'm not worried though. No one can beat Ember."

"Oh, uh, sure," Serith hastily replied as he tried to discretely check the ground around him for the notebook. Finding nothing he excused himself and slipped back into the crowd where he attempted to search for the girl. He hoped he was wrong but he was fairly sure she was responsible. He should have never trusted a pretty face.
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:49 am

"I'd watch that chick if I were you, heard she used to race in a different city and can be one tough customer." Reid warned as he looked around and spotted the girl tossing something into one of the trashcan fires, she certainly wasn't the most intimidating.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:51 am

"Was she any good?" West asked him curiously as he glanced over at the girl in question. She certainly didn't look like much.

Finally spotting the girl Serith carefully stepped up behind her and let his hand rest over the gun that he had concealed in the waistband of his jeans as he spoke. "Miss, can I have a word with you?"
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:58 am

"I heard she moved because she wanted some real competition," Reid admitted, this however, would be the first time he watched her in action.

"Only if you make it quick, I have a race in a few minutes." The girl shrugged as she warmed her hands over the fire. Unlike the other girls here she wore long tight jeans and a black leather vest over a simple gray tank top.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:01 am

"Oh, interesting," West nodded thoughtfully. "I guess this will be fun then. Do you know who you are racing against yet?"

"Have you happened to see a small back notebook anywhere?" Serith questioned her carefully as he eyed her in clear suspicion. "I believe I lost it while I was talking to you earlier."
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:04 am

"A Brit and one of the local kids off of 5th, pretty sure I got this one." Reid shrugged, he knew the locals weren't any good and he was up for a little competition from the Brit.

"Can't say I have, anyways what kind of loser brings a note pad to a racem it just makes them look suspicious," the girl pointed out.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:07 am

"Ah, sounds interesting," West admitted with a small nod. "You've got this easily then. I guess I'll see you after the races. Good luck dude."

"I was calculating my bet," Serith defended himself with a small frown although he had to admit that she was kind of right. "And I'm not a loser. I happen to be very rehearsed at these races. Used to do them myself," he added without thinking.
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:02 pm

"Good luck to you too, drinks on me if you win." Reid offered before heading back to his car.

"So did you run a v12 or a v14?" The girl asked curiously, she knew she could catch him if he was lying. A racer wouldn't just show up and not try to race, they also wouldn't have to calculate the odds, it would be pretty clear who would win based on their set up.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:13 pm

"A v14," Serith replied hastily as he curiously glanced over at the track. It looked like the first race was just starting to be set up. He hadn't actually seen an underground race before and he couldn't help but wonder what they were like.
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:20 pm

"You wouldn't know a race car if it bit you, next time you decide to lie try to have some idea of what you are talking about." The girl said coldly before turning and heading over to her green car, her race was next.

As he waited Reid playfully revved his engine and played with his colored chassis.
Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Serith frowned as he watched her leave before he turned back to the track. She may have known that he wasn't a racer but she didn't appear to know that he was a cop, so he figured he should be relatively safe.

Out on the track West was patiently waiting at the starting line, where most of the cars were gradually beginning to line up. His hand twitched lightly on the clutch as he observed the city streets before him. He couldn't wait to get started.
Rowan
Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum